Quite often, people get stressed out if their dental crown moves or comes off completely. It may have shifted or come off while brushing, flossing, or even simply eating.
Call us at Your Time Dental Urgent Care in Gibsonton.
You may need emergency dental care.
In the meantime, this is what to do:
There are three steps:
1. First things first, find your crown if it has come off completely. If you think you may have accidentally swallowed it, it’s not the end of the world. This is fairly common. You will need to have a new one made. The original may be reattached if you find it in your mouth -as long as it’s not damaged.
2. The second thing you need to do is call your dentist. If you’re still going to the same dental office that initially put it in, they might put it back free of charge. Especially if you got the crown recently.
If you have moved, or don’t currently have a dentist, give us a call. We’ll reattach it for a reasonable price.
Remember these two important things:
- Even if we didn’t provide the crown service, we can re-attach it for you.
- If the crown is broken, we can make a replacement crown in one visit.
3. What if your crown comes off after business hours or on the weekend? No problem. We are an urgent care office with extended hours.
If you want to see your regular dentist, you can glue it back on while waiting for an appointment. This will safeguard the exposed tooth. Remember, the tooth is not as sturdy as an uncrowned tooth.
To reattach it, we advise using denture adhesive. You can find it at a drugstore.
Follow the directions on the adhesive. To make certain it sets, softly bite down on the crown while the adhesive is still wet. Be extra wary while waiting for your appointment. Eat soft foods so you don’t damage the tooth.
Your Time Dental Urgent Care is more than just an emergency dentist. We offer a number of great dental services. If your dental needs are urgent but not emergencies, that’s no reason to avoid calling us. We have late and weekend hours specifically so that you CAN call us when you need to.
Contact Your Time Dental Urgent Care:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):