Does the thought of the dental chair make you cringe? Have you ever cancelled an appointment, or avoided scheduling one in the first place, because you just weren’t up to facing the dentist?
If you answered yes to the above questions, just know that you aren’t alone. Millions of people around the world suffer from stress surrounding dental visits. Whether because of bad past experiences, physical difficulties, or anxiety, this fear often causes people to avoid the care they need.
Here at Your Time Dental, we understand those fears, and have several options in place to help meet your needs.
Signs That Sedation Dentistry Can Help You
You may be a candidate for sedation dentistry if you:
- Feel anxious or even afraid of receiving dental treatment
- Have avoided the dentist for years because of a past negative experience
- Have extremely sensitive teeth
- Have a strong gag reflex
- Have issues getting numb
- Have a fear of needles
- Fear the sounds and smells of a dental drill or other instruments
- Have trouble keeping mouth open for extended periods of time due to TMJD
- Have trouble sitting still in a dental chair for extended periods of time
- Need a large amount of dental work done
- Have a condition that makes it hard to control your movements
- Are embarrassed by the condition of your teeth or gums
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation is not a separate dental procedure, but a perk available to you during your treatment visits. It will help remove tension from your muscles, ease your anxiety, and allow you to remain relaxed throughout the entirety of your appointment.
This level of relaxation can even help us to get your dental work done in fewer sittings.
Sedation is offered in several different forms.
Best of all, laughing gas leaves your system almost immediately after finishing. You’ll be able to safely and legally drive yourself home from your appointment.
Relieve Dental Anxiety with Sedation Dentistry in Gibsonton, FL
Dental anxiety can be difficult, but Your Time Dental Urgent Care is here for you. If you have any concerns at all about your dental procedures, let us know. We are more than happy to work with you in order to find a solution that fits your needs. We help patients throughout Gibsonton, Apollo Beach, and Riverview alleviate their fear of the dentist.