White teeth make anyone look younger, happier and more attractive. At Your Time Dental Urgent Care in Gibsonton, FL, it seems like there are more teeth whitening selections than ever before.
The lowest-priced product you’ll find in Gibsonton is whitening toothpaste. It helps remove surface stains while gently polishing and providing mild stain removal. Because it doesn’t contain bleach, teeth will only be lightened up to one shade.
Lightening Strips and Gels
Whitening strips and gels are also popular. They’re usually peroxide-based. You apply them for two weeks, twice a day. They may be able to bleach your teeth a shade or two. The results can last up to three or four months.
Whitening rinses are one of the newer practices for whitening teeth. Because of the small amount of contact time these rinses have on teeth, they often have a minimal effect.
But are these whitening systems safe?
Below are a few tips on how you can whiten safely so your smile is not only brilliant but also healthy.
- Get a dental check-up. Let your dentist know if you experience sensitivity when you whiten your teeth. At Your Time Dental Urgent Care, we are happy to help you prevent potential issues. (That’s our job!)
- Follow whitening product instructions. They’re not just suggestions. They’re given to help you achieve healthy teeth while avoiding damage.
- Do not use brightening products longer than directed. This can result in tooth and gum sensitivity.
- Aim for a natural white. If you whiten too much, your teeth may become translucent or even start to have a bluish tint. Try to match the whites in your eyes. Then you won’t overdo it.
- To keep your teeth white, forego tea, cola, and coffee. And don’t smoke! (Stained teeth will be the least of your worries.)
The safest way to whiten your teeth?
At Your Time Dental Urgent Care, we offer an in-office whitening treatment that is safe and effective. Our patients can’t believe how great their teeth look when they remove the stains and restore the brightness.
Your smile is worth professional expertise.
Contact Your Time Dental Urgent Care:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):